Gettysburg is the most visited battlefield in the United States and a top tourist destination.The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award-winning bed and breakfast inn in Gettysburg. This wonderful Gettysburg bed and breakfast for sale is just 1.2 miles from the Gettysburg National Military Park Visitor Center and a short walk from the shops, restaurants, museums and galleries in the historic downtown. Guests can walk and explore the battlefield right from the Inn’s door. A great location and very high level of guest satisfaction drive the Inn’s outstanding financial performance year after year. Business highlights include:
- Rated #1 on TripAdvisor™, with over 1,900 five-star reviews
- Stable history of profitability
- Occupancy over 60% (annual average) for the last 10 years
- Offered at 11% CAP rate
- Financially Viable per Marketability Assessment and Valuation.
The Inn is comprised of the 1898 Victorian House, and the 1838 Welty House (once occupied by Confederate soldiers). The historic brick buildings sit side by side and share a lovely landscaped garden with spacious brick-paved patios that create a serene courtyard atmosphere. At the back of the garden is the recently renovated two-story Carriage House. The Inn’s parking lot has 14 off-street parking spaces.
There are 15 guest rooms, all with private bathrooms, TV with satellite service, WiFi and individually controlled heat and cooling:
- 1898 Victorian House, with four bedrooms on 2nd floor and four on 3rd floor
- 1838 Welty House, with three bedrooms on 1st floor and three on 2nd floor
- Carriage House, with living room and kitchenette on 1st floor, bedroom and bath on 2nd floor
The Victorian House also features two common rooms, two dining rooms, two adjoining kitchens (functioning as one) and a guest powder room. A wrap-around porch provides covered seating for guests. Front and back porches on both houses provide covered guest seating. Guests have breakfast and other refreshments at the Victorian House or on the patios.
Gettysburg zoning permits the owners to live off-premise. The Inn’s strong room revenue and a favorable rental market make this an attractive option. For owners who wish to live on premise, the Carriage House would be an ideal private owner’s cottage.
Gettysburg National Military Park and Visitor Center receives 2.5 million visitors per year. Activities beyond the battlefield abound and include wine & food tours, museum and house tours, themed festivals, spa services and abundant shopping. Gettysburg tourism highlights:
- Within a day’s drive of 40% of the United States population
- Many events and conventions year round
- Within 40 minutes’ drive of Antietam Battlefield
- Within 90 minutes from Washington DC, Baltimore, Hershey and Amish country
There is much more to learn about the Brickhouse Inn – contact Eliot and schedule a visit!