Learn the “ins and outs” of starting or buying an inn at one of our bed and breakfast seminars or workshops. Learn how to find, evaluate and buy a bed and breakfast, full service inn or boutique hotel with Eliot Dalton and colleagues. We promise you a “Better Way to Buy an Inn™,” a step-by-step process ensuring that your vision is synchronized with the personal, financial and operational realities of buying, owning and operating a successful inn. Exploring how to run a bed and breakfast? Start your bed and breakfast education here. Learn from the experts!
NEW! Virtual Seminar
A live 6-hour webinar with a lunch break and Q&A session.
The Virtual Seminar covers all the essential aspects of finding, evaluating and buying a unique lodging property. We will explore the personal and financial realities of acquiring a bed and breakfast, inn or boutique hotel. Covers the same content as our day-long seminar, in a condensed format, tailored for online learning.
After completing this step-by-step session, you will know how to:
- create a personalized business model
- evaluate an inn’s financial strength
- develop an effective business plan
- navigate financing options
- 5 hours of interactive instruction
- Survey prior to starting the seminar
- Links to downloadable exercises and resource material
- Certificate of Completion
- Follow-up consultation, if desired
December 12th, 2020
10:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday
Fee: $99 Leader: Eliot Dalton
Panelist: Marilyn Bushnell
Essential “How to Run a Bed and Breakfast” Topics
Building the profile of your inn – make it right for you
Due diligence – know before you buy
Finding and acquiring the inn – the process
Inn financing – what you need to know
Inn valuation – is the price right?
Business planning – your road map to success in starting a bed and breakfast
“Better Way to Buy an Inn™” is Offered in Four Formats
Bed and Breakfast Seminar & Workshop Schedule
Exploring how to run a bed and breakfast? Start your bed and breakfast education here. Learn from the experts!Choose a bed and breakfast seminar or bed and breakfast workshop from the schedule below to learn the essentials of how to purchase a bed and breakfast, full service inn or boutique hotel. Prepare for the business of innkeeping – attend one of our bed and breakfast courses!
“Hi Eliot, Thank you again for the truly comprehensive seminar you gave this Saturday. The course content went beyond my expectations, and the workbook and supplement information provided is invaluable, and will be referred to many times going forward. I think your teaching method was just about perfect and the pace was just right too. Thank you again and I won’t hesitate to reach out to you should I have any questions. Regards, David D.”
“Eliot’s class was the turning point! Before the class, I had a beautiful little dream. After the class, I was empowered! He taught everything from spreadsheets to marketing – So many items were covered that I would never have thought of! This class was priceless. If you are thinking about opening a bed and breakfast, this class should be your first stop! Melanie T.”
“Thank you, Eliot. We very much enjoyed the seminar and learned quite a lot about how to undertake this process. It doesn’t seem nearly as daunting as it did before the start of the day! The content was great and answered our questions, the conversation was very interesting and educational and bringing in the new owners to share their story was super helpful and enlightening. Julian S.”
Innkeeping Seminar & Workshop FAQs
Do you have questions about “Better Way To Buy an Inn™” Seminars for aspiring innkeepers? We have answers! If your questions aren’t answered below, please contact us. We are happy to speak to you!
By taking a “Better Way To Buy an Inn™” seminar or workshop, you will be more informed about the process of acquiring an inn, the realities of financing, inn operations, and the Innkeeping lifestyle than if you go it alone. Knowledge is power. By taking the “ABC’S of Running Your Inn” boot camp, you’ll get practical hands-on experience in the daily operations of Innkeeping and the many steps involved in providing a great guest experience.
Eliot Dalton, Marilyn Bushnell and Linda Hayes are experienced innkeepers, consultants and brokers. We have owned and run successful inns, and are accomplished instructors. Each of us contributes to the knowledge base that is the foundation of the “Better Way to Buy an Inn™” method. We each have our own style, but you benefit from the experience of us all!
“Better Way to Buy an Inn™” is offered in three formats:
- Intensive Workshops are limited to 8 participants and are highly individualized. Key aspects of starting a bed and breakfast are covered, with time spent on topics varying according to individual needs. Intensive Workshops are presented in “round table” discussion style.
- Comprehensive Seminars take place in one fast-paced day. The same thorough overview of key aspects of starting an inn or bed and breakfast are covered. Seminars are presented to the group in lecture style.
- The ABC’S of Running Your Inn is a four-day hands-on program that takes place at a host inn where you will stay and experience the actual practice of innkeeping. From preparing breakfast to cleaning rooms, this fun, practical boot camp allows you to experience all the steps that keep guests returning again and again. Limited to a maximum of 4 people. For those who have taken a Better Way to Buy an Inn™ seminar or workshop, or who have decided to become innkeepers.
We offer programs many times a year in different locations. Choose one based on your preferred learning style in a location that is convenient for you. Check the schedule often as we add new classes!.